Besides loving yoga I really love traveling and I love teaching about a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, I love hosting retreats and inviting you to escape your daily list of chores every once in a while to go visit new places, get to meet new people, learn about foreign cultures, and most of all, really dedicate time to a committed yoga practice.
IDEAS ABOUT HAPPINESS
Did you know that the best preserved ancient Greek temples cannot be found in Greece but on the Italian island of Sicily and that numerous Greek philosophers lived on Sicily? To this day, this island is still a truly mind-opening place - you can't help but think and experience more deeply.
Join me for a yoga retreat in Sicily, Italy this fall from September 22nd thru September 29th, 2018.
We will be staying at the beautiful, clifftop Villa Saracena south of Taormina, with breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea and Mount Etna.
Arrive just in time to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox with a special guided meditation. This time of year asks us to reflect on which chapters/projects/cycles are ready to come to a close, what do we need to finish/let go of?
It also creates space for something new thus inviting us to set an intention from here on: How can we become more true to ourselves, do as we speak, and realize our full potential?
Explore the Ancient philosophical writings by Aristotle and Plato (who spent most of his life on Sicily). Study the Philosophy of Happiness and compare it to the teachings of the Baghavad Gita. These Greek and Indian teachings are about the same old and are remarkably similar in their approach to happiness.
This is a retreat that combines yoga, healthy living, positive affirmation of life, cultural studies, and spending time in nature. Besides visiting archaeological sites in Agrigento, Siracusa, and Taormina, you will also hike Mount Etna, visit Vendicari Nature Preserve to watch migrating flamingos, and visit an olive farm to watch the olive harvest/olive oil tasting.
Every bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and access to the balcony. This venue allows the quietness and space for a yoga retreat. And it comes with a hidden gem - a path hammered into the rocky cliff behind the villa leading down to the sea for private access to swimming in salt water or to seek a silent meditation spot. Our villa features private chef-service, clifftop pool, sauna, and stunning views.
The fee for this retreat includes (click to see the Itinerary):
- Accommodation in a deluxe single or double room for 7 nights: rooms can be furnished with two separate twin-size beds or one queen size bed - to your preference.
- Daily maid-service, mid-week linen change.
- Guided yoga practice twice daily.
- Guided meditations and posture clinics to deepen your personal practice.
- Hands-on cooking class in Taormina.
- Three meals per day, Sicilian/Italian plant-based cuisine.
- Transportation from and to Catania Airport.
- Transportation to daily tours.
- Private boat tour along the pristine coastline courtesy of our nice landlord.
- Hike on Mount Etna and tour of vineyard on volcanic soil.
- Visit of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento - one of the best-preserved sites of Greek Ancient temples in the world!
- Visit of the Greek Theater and Isola Bella in Taormina.
- Visit of the Neapolis and baroque center of Siracusa.
- Visit of Roman archaeological sites in Piazza Armerina and Morgantina.
- Talks about the ancient philosophy of creation, healthy living, honoring body and soul, and IDEAS OF HAPPINESS.
The fee does NOT include:
- travel insurance (REQUIRED!)
- massage and Reiki services (can be booked at the venue)
- spending money for tips, souvenirs
"The Secret Of Change Is To Focus All Of Your Energy Not On Fighting The Old But On Building The New." - Socrates
Go with us on this trip - book here:
Double-Occupancy-Room $1,950.00/per person
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have regarding the itinerary, yoga practice at the retreat, travel preparation, registration process and forms of payment accepted. firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find my cancellation and refund policy here.