IDEAS ABOUT HAPPINESS
Did you know that the best-preserved ancient Greek temples cannot be found in Greece but on the Italian island of Sicily and that numerous Greek philosophers lived in Sicily? To this day, this island is still a truly mind-opening place - you can't help but think and experience more deeply.
The next trip to Sicily is coming up in 2020! Join my email list to stay tuned.
We stayed at a beautiful, clifftop villa just south of Taormina, with breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea and Mount Etna.
Celebrated the Summer Solstice with a special guided meditation.
Explored the Ancient philosophical writings by Aristotle and Plato (who spent most of his life on Sicily). Study the Philosophy of Happiness and compare it to the teachings of the Baghavad Gita. These Greek and Indian teachings are about the same old and are remarkably similar in their approach to happiness.
This is a retreat that combines yoga, healthy living, positive affirmation of life, cultural studies, and spending time in nature. Besides visiting archaeological sites in Agrigento, Siracusa, and Taormina, you will also visit a fifth-generation winery and enjoy a fabulous Sicilian dinner!
Every bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and access to the balcony. This venue allows the quietness and space for a yoga retreat. And it comes private access to swimming in saltwater or to seek a silent meditation spot.
The fee for this retreat includes
- Accommodation in a deluxe single or double room for 7 nights: rooms can be furnished with two separate twin-size beds or one queen size bed - to your preference.
- Daily maid-service, mid-week linen change.
- Guided yoga practice twice daily.
- Guided meditations and posture clinics to deepen your personal practice.
- Three meals per day, Sicilian/Italian plant-based cuisine.
- Transportation from and to Catania Airport.
- Transportation to daily tours.
- Visit of the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento - one of the best-preserved sites of Greek Ancient temples in the world!
- Visit of the Greek Theater and Isola Bella in Taormina.
- Visit of the Neapolis and baroque center of Siracusa.
- Visit of Roman archaeological sites in Piazza Armerina and Morgantina.
- Talks about the ancient philosophy of creation, healthy living, honoring body and soul, and IDEAS OF HAPPINESS.
"The Secret Of Change Is To Focus All Of Your Energy Not On Fighting The Old But On Building The New." - Socrates