As a young woman of 21 years of age, I received one of the most shocking and scary news of my life. I got diagnosed with uterine cancer. I felt that I was way too young to have cancer and couldn't believe it at first! It went bad fast, within only three months my doctor told me that she scheduled me for a hysterectomy, and demanded I should take a week off to be admitted to the hospital.
The proposal to remove my uterus was simply unacceptable for me. "So," I asked my doctor, "what are my chances if I'd refused the surgery?" She said, "I don't know." I asked, "Oh my, is it that serious?" She said, "I can't know, within the 25 years of my practice as a gynecologist, you would be first patient to refuse the surgery." Wow, another shock! So, I said, "Well, in that case I guess, I am the first one, because what you are offering me here is not healing but crippling me. I want to be a mom one day, and you cannot have my uterus."
Then I walked out of her office, and thought, what now? I realized that simply saying no to surgery did not solve my problem. I started looking for alternatives, and found a doctor in Berlin, who practices Traditional Chinese Medicine. He was able to deliver an explanation that made perfect sense to me for what caused the abnormal cell growth .
At the time, I was a student in college, also working employed by the college both as project coordinator for a comprehensive federally funded research study and as a tutor, and worked on weekends as a performer to be able to pay all my bills. On top of my workload, I was smoking cigarettes, drinking way too much coffee, eating always on the run, taking the contraception pill (artificial hormones), and never sleeping enough. In short, I put my body under permanent stress from all sides. Leading that sort of lifestyle caused lots of stress on my liver and spleen, requiring them to constantly produce stress hormones to keep my body running and performing at high level, thus reducing its capacity to produce progesterone and estrogen. It came to the point that my liver could not handle the load of toxins anymore. So, how smart is nature, my body increasingly used my menstruation to detox. However, the uterus is not a detox organ, it is a reproductive organ. My lifestyle abused of my uterus by having it flush through loads of toxins over an extended period of time. This caused the cells to get clogged and resulted in abnormal growth.
My immediate response to the diagnosis was to change my lifestyle:
- I quit smoking
- Quit taking the contraception pill
- Stopped drinking coffee and switched to green tea
- My gynecologist laughed about me, and said that it was good that I quit smoking but that this would not cure the cancer. I just thought, wait and see. I knew that by menstruating every month, I had a new chance every month to influence if my organ would regenerate with healthy or abnormal cells.
- Well, she was right insofar that I had to do more. Next, I fasted, intensively. For four weeks, I ingested only fresh squeezed raw juices, including mostly green / herbal juices, and green healing clay. I lost a lot of weight and did not look healthy for a while, but the goal was to completely detox, cleanse the colon, and the liver. My goal was to get rid of excess nitrogen compounds in the body and increase oxygen levels in the cells, no more animal proteins, no more sugar, no more toxins = and the cancer would starve.
- After fasting, I started rebuilding my strength and health by eating a raw vegan diet for almost two years. My cell values started getting better and better, and after 13 months I was absolutely cancer free! I continued the raw food diet longer simply because it made me feel really good. I felt pure, light, energized, and focused. Former struggles with headaches, insomnia, brain fog, fatigue, and bloating were gone. However, living organic raw food vegan is a social challenge. Therefore, after about two years I settled for a primarily plant-based diet, which in my case means, that I eat everything plant-based plus cheese, honey, and occasionally seafood. I do not eat eggs nor meat nor poultry, do not consume dairy milk nor any other animal based products.
- Today, I am a mom of three healthy children. During my pregnancies and years of nursing, I followed a vegan diet. All three children are born at home. I am cancer free - 20 years later - and today I also know that there are several other alternative ways but raw food to heal cancer. Cancer treatment certainly does not have to mean additional harmful attacks on our organism and immune system.
- Stay tuned for more to follow on how to heal naturally in the coming blog posts.